Tuesday 8 April 2014

Paper Teapot Sep Challenge! Vincents Autumn Song



The Bo Bunny Autumn Song papers had arrived, I was so pleased as I had been waiting for these to come in, they are just gorgeous! Than I got asked if I wanted a challenge along with it. Absolutely! I love a challenge.
So here is what I came up with:
1 Punch: I used Martha Stewart’s Woodland Branch Edge Punch, not only for the bits by the photo, but also on the strips used to create the rosettes, before scoring them to fold.

An ink Spray of your colour choice: I created my own spray from a Tim Holtz Distress reinker in ‘Bundled Sage’ (1 eyedropper full into a mini mister and fill with water), and used this on the 8×8 piece with my mask
4 Patterned Papers(1 piece cut to 8×8): Well of course I used the Autumn Song collection: Autumn Song(this is where my 8×8 came from), Autumn Song Melody, Autumn Song Duet, Autumn Song Beautiful
A Mask. I used Kaiser Crafts 12×12 Leaves Stencil as a mask, to get the leaf pattern on the 8×8 piece of Autumn Song
Some Bling: I used brads from the Autumn Song collection in the Rosettes, plus one on the epoxy brads in the bottom right. Also I glittered the swirls on the papers with glitter glue.
Washi Tape: I used a golden yellow tape which is very subtle on this layout, it is on the flags, holding the picture in in 2 corners, holding the punched strips in place and across the bottom left of the page.


A Tag of some sort with journaling on it. When I cut my 8×8 from the Autumn Song paper I managed to not need to cut into the leaf on the reverse side, so I fussy cut this out and made it my journaling tag. ( I still don’t believe how much fussy cutting I did on this layout though LOL)
The photo is from 1996 and is my son Vincent.

No comments:

Post a Comment