Tuesday 8 April 2014

Prima Delight

From Oct 2013

Oh my Gosh this Prima Delight Paper is simply stunning. I was so lucky to get to play with this collection.


On my page I have used the Delight – Resist Canvas Borders. These come plain canvas coloured with white embossed designs. You can then colour them up to match any paper or colour theme. How brilliant is that.
I removed the strips from the sticker sheet and placed on old sticker backing to allow me to colour them individually. A craft sheet or even waxed paper would work fine. (If you do much die cutting with intricate dies the waxed paper is brilliant: place it between the die and the paper you are cutting, and it is much easier to get the diecut out! Also if your punches are a bit sticky, try punching waxed paper to loosen them up)
I started by trying the Tim Holtz distress inks. The canvas took the colour beautifully, it was really quick and easy to colour and to blend the colours to get a great result.

I also tried some Tim Holtz Distress stains, also looked wonderful, but these give a really vibrant result so maybe less suitable if you are after a more subtle result, but perfect if brighter is better!

This is a very good weight canvas, which allows ink applicator sponges and dauber bottles to be used without any problems wrinkling or rolling, super easy!
I have again used fussy cutting to avoid losing the beautiful background pictures, and cut out a doily with the Martha Stewart Circle Edge Punch using the Flower Arches Cartridge.
The flowers are diecut with the Spellbinders ‘Bitty Blossoms’
And the eensy teeny little flourishes are cut with the Cheery Lynn Tiny Fanciful Flourish Set.

The picture is of my grandmother Olive Beatrice Barney (On the rocking horse) and her sister Amy Evelyn Barney taken Circa 1910, as far as I am aware both ladies went by their middle names.
Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment