Wednesday 28 May 2014

Prima Stationers Desk

Hi, This was my last DT Pieces for the Paper Teapot at the end of my 12 month term.

Sophie here with Prima’s Stationers Desk, can you get any more stunning than this paper?
My favourite vintage colours with a pop of deep red to bring it all out.
I loved this range so much I did 2 layouts…
The first is My Great grandmother Elizabeth Thomas nee Smith, possibly on her wedding day.

I started with a base of the reverse side of ‘Stamps and Stripes’
Love Letter was then chopped into its individual pieces along with a piece of the reverse side of ‘red ink’ layered in the middle.
A paper doily (yes just 1) was chopped up and layered amongst the cut aparts.
Then using a large doily stamp (Stampin Up) the black doilies were heat embossed. Any large doily stamp would work for this.
In the photo there is a plant that I think is an aspidistra on the plant stand. I decided to create one using the green cardstock the photo is matted on.

I used the carnation leaf dies from the spellbinders carnation creation die set to make the leaves and cut the plant pot from another piece of the reverse side of ‘red ink’ with the smallest of the spellbinders ‘Plant Pots’
The Ivy corner is a signature die by joanna sheen, cut twice, the second is cut up and glued on at the stems.

The photo for the second layout is a wedding photo of another set of Great grandparents Charles Barney and Amy nee Mattingley.
For this one the base is ‘Roses Are Red’ just peeking through the lacing.
On top of this is the reverse of ‘Fine Print’ with a section torn out of the middle, then eyelets and ribbon lacing added with some lace peeking through the gap. I laced this up then realised I hadn’t inked it. I did raise a few laughs by inking with the lacing in place.
My idea of holding it in place with spring clips while lacing it was very popular too.

Some fussy cut bits of ‘Red Ink’ are added to the top left and bottom right.
Some ‘Sizzix 3-D Flowers’ are cut out of the remainder of the Fine Print, are intermixed with the ‘Publish’ Flowers.
I did take some liberties with the flower centres swapping and replacing some with flat back pearls.
The photo is matted on ‘Red Ink’ (that paper gets around doesn’t it), then deep red cardstock.
The tiny leaf sprigs are fron a cherry lynn die ‘flourish leaf strip’
The gypsophila is from Cherry Lynn Build a Flower ‘embellishment #2′ ( But is the same as her ‘Baby’s Breath’ die)

No comments:

Post a Comment